Alright all of you Camaro fans, it looks like you all are in for a real treat! It has just been announced that the wait is officially over! The most powerful Camaro ever offered by Chevrolet will be arriving early 2012.
The Camaro ZL1 offers new levels of awe-inspiring power and advanced technology coupled with conteporary syling and modern functionality. This Camaro will offer an LSA 6.2L Supercharged V8 engine! Also, included will be new advances in technology including the fast-reacting Magnetic Ride Control and a jaw-dropping look.
“It’s the most technically advanced Camaro ever, so we’ve chosen a name from the most elite and exclusive Camaro in history.” -Rick Scheidt – Vice President of Chevrolet Marketing
The Camaro ZL1 is packed full of goodies including:
- Supercharged 6.2L V8 rated at 550 hp.
- Six-speed maual transmission with dual-disc clutch system
- Magnetic ride Control
- Aluminum hood with carbon fiber “mohawk” extractors
- Electric Steering to cut down on weight, and increase response.
- Back-up Camera built into the rearview mirror
- Unique Front and Rear Spoiler
- many many more…
The ZL1 has already been tested on some of the worlds most difficult road ways, but will continue to be tested throughout the rest of this year. Look for it to be arriving in January 2012!
by Brad Troedel